Wednesday, 7 September 2011

"I was on Facebook when you were in diapers."

2006
Grade 10 Student: Ms. Jakse, are you on Facebook?
Me: Yes.
Grade 10 Student: WHAT???  REALLY???  That's so weird!  HEY!  SHE'S ON FACEBOOK!  Teachers shouldn't even be allowed on Facebook!
Me: Actually, it was invented by university students, for university students, when I was in university.  Maybe YOU shouldn't be on there.  *grin*
Grade 10 Student: You're so weird.  *pause*  Can I friend you?
Me: No.


2007-2010
Grade 10/11/12 Student: Ms. Jakse, are you on Facebook?
Me: Yes.
Grade 10/11/12 Student: It's SOOOO weird that there are teachers are on Facebook.
Me: I was on Facebook when you were in diapers.
Grade 10/11/12 Student:  *laughs* Yeah, right.  Can I friend you?
Me: No.

2011
Grade 8 Student: Ms. Jakse, you're on Facebook, right?
Me: Yes.
Grade 8 Student: It's kind of weird that there are teachers are on Facebook.
Me: I was on Facebook when you were in diapers.
Grade 8 Student: Oh, really?
Me: No, I'm just kidding!  Wait.  You guys are thirteen.  That means you were in grade three when I joined Facebook.
Grade 8 Student: Yeah.
Me: Hmm.  Guess the diaper comment isn't funny anymore.  In a few more years, it will be too close to the truth.
*pause*
Grade 8 Student: Can I friend you?
Me: No.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, the diaper comment becomes true. Ouch.

    Can I friend you? oh wait . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love you Megan! I'm glad we're friends...in real life (and of course, on the mighty Facebook too)! :)


    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to have such fabulous real life (and Facebook) friends. :)

    ReplyDelete